Kat’s Podcast – Episode no. 12
In today’s show I’m talking to Steph Gaudreau. She is as a nutritional therapy practitioner, intuitive eating counselor and strength coach and her approach to food and fitness is much more than just talking about the body. She looks at your whole being and works on empowering your mind, moving with intention, recharging your energy and eating nourishing foods.
This is an empowering conversation for anyone who feels confused about how to eat healthy and how to exercise in a “good” way. It’s for anyone who’s got a basic knowledge of food and fitness, but struggles with an all-or-nothing mindset. It’s for anyone who struggles tapping into and trusting their intutition when it comes to eating and exercise.
But this episode is also for everyone looking for a more holistic and whole approach to life in general, because food and fitness are not the only things we chat about.
We speak about overall empowering yourself and finding back to that intuition and trust we all have inside us, but that is often overridden by the external “shoulds” and opinions. It’s about becoming aware of and embodying your whole being, and also about how we can get through these crazy times in a sane, self-loving and non-judgemental way.
We talk about:
- Steph’s own story and struggle with negative self-talk around body, food and exercise
- Her work as nutritional therapy practitioner, intuitive eating counselor and strength coach and how she helps women to re-empower themselves and “to trust themselves with food and movement”
- The concept of body, mind & soul health and looking at our whole being when it comes to food, fitness and overall empowerment
- Motivation & intention: how to shed our ‘shoulds’ and be more aligned with how we live, eat, exercise
- How to overcome judgemental thought-spirals and the narrative of ‘guilt’ and ‘shame’ when it comes to food and exercise
- Her own current experience of showing more of her true self, overcoming labeling and stepping out of a neatly branded box
- Sharing our experience with others and being of service
- The energies of control vs. trust and how they influence our behaviour
- Control around food as a way to deal with these uncertain times
- Not freaking out about exercise and loosing your gains in self-isolation and while sheltering-in-place
- What you can do today to tune more into your body, mind and soul – especially in these crazy and uncertain times
- Her tips for instantly more body, mind & soul health
- Steph’s website: https://www.stephgaudreau.com
- Steph’s instagram
- Her podcast “The Listen to Your Body Podcast” & the specific episode I mention
- Her book “The Core 4”
- The book “Intuitive Eating” she mentions: US | GER
- Marie Forleo’s B-School
- photo credit: Taylor Gage
- music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits: cdk – Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
- Kat’s Instagram if you wanna follow along
- related podcast episodes: ep. no. 10
Thank you so much for listening!
Did you like this show? What helped or inspired you most? Let us know by sending an email to hello @kathrinhecht.com or commenting on instagram.
And if you’re listening on Apple/iTunes: I’m super thankful for a 5-star-rating and a review so we can empower more people out there!
Write a review!
I hope you liked this episode!
If you’re listening on iTunes or Apple Podcasts I got a favour to ask:
I’d be super thankful if you left a review!
This helps immensely to inspire new listeners & to send the message of freedom & empowerment out to more people.
Summer over winter, West coast over East coast, moment over money. Oh, and coffee over tea, of course!
Hi, I’m Kat, and I’m the one behind this podcast. Come over here to read more about me.