Kat’s Podcast – Episode no. 16
My guest today is Kellen Brugman. She’s a certified Ayurvedic health practitioner, holistic lifestyle coach, yoga teacher and writer. She helps people achieve their health and wellness goals, and align their career goals with their heart’s passion and soul’s mission. She’s also a writer and Ayurvedic lifestyle expert for well-known brands.
Kellen’s here with us to explore how these times of change and uncertainty we’re in right now can impact our bodies, minds and emotions. A lot of things can overwhelm us or stress us more easily than usual, and we might fall into so called stress or tension patterns more often than usual. However, we don’t always notice them as stress. When Kellen first told me about a couple of these patterns and how they manifest in the body (jaw clenching, anyone?) a dozen light bulbs went on for me!
We look at the impact of these times of change from an Ayurvedic perspective and use this ancient health system to give you practical tips on how to navigate these times with more ease, energy and positivity.
This conversation is part two of a series of podcast episodes where we explore natural rhythms like the lunar cycle, daily energy cycles, the seasons, and how tuning in to these cycles can help us go through life with more flow, energy, health, joy, success – or simply put: overall more in flow and naturally empowered.
We talk about:
- Ayurveda basics
- How to look at life from an Ayurvedic perspective
- How Ayurveda can help us understand ourselves AND others
- The 5 Ayurvedic elements
- The 3 Doshas: Vata, Pitta & Kapha
- Establishing an internal compass (who we are + how to best take care of ourselves)
- Typical tension patterns for each Dosha
- How stress and tension patterns can show up in body and mind (you will be suprised how often we „tense“ our bodies without noticing!)
- Practical tips on what you can do to de-stress and rebalance
- What to eat best for your Dosha
- More tips:
- Vata types: tips for being more efficient in your home office & getting back your focus
- Pitta types: what acid reflux, eczema and back pain could tell you and why you wanna eat bitter as pitta
- Kapha types: how to start your morning & when to eat your ice cream
- Why we all should be careful of what we’re mentally ingesting
- Mantras for each type
- Selfcare: what true selfcare means from an Ayurvedic perspective
- Tips on how to establish a selfcare routine with lasting effect
- The Ayurvedic principle of ‚like attracts like‘ and ‚opposites pacify
- Kellen’s website: http://www.kellenbrugman.com
- Kellen’s instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kellenbrugman/
- Instructions for Bellows Breath
- Being at Home Yoga
- My two favourite products mentioned in the intro: Everybody Loves the Sunshine Oil & Geranium Essential Oil (affiliate links)
- Dutch Health Store (affiliate link)
- Use the code ‘kathrin’ at check out so you get 5% off your first order through one of my links above
- music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits: cdk – Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
- My Instagram if you wanna follow along
- related podcast episodes:
Thank you so much for listening!
Did you like this show? What helped or inspired you most? Let us know by sending an email to hello @kathrinhecht.com or commenting on instagram. And if you’re listening on Apple/iTunes: I’m super thankful for a 5-star-rating and a review so we can empower more people out there!
Write a review!
I hope you liked this episode!
If you’re listening on iTunes or Apple Podcasts I got a favour to ask:
I’d be super thankful if you left a review!
This helps immensely to inspire new listeners & to send the message of freedom & empowerment out to more people.
Summer over winter, West coast over East coast, moment over money. Oh, and coffee over tea, of course!
Hi, I’m Kat, and I’m the one behind this podcast. Come over here to read more about me.