“The decision to leave my husband wasn’t an easy one, but it kind of forced me out of the cocoon and really gave me the opportunity to unpack and dissect what I had thought about normal life or how life should be.”
In this first interview of the Freedom Lifestyle Edition of Kat’s Podcast I talk to my friend Io Anderson from New Zealand – a true free soul and creative whirlwind.
For Io it’s been an intense journey: Leaving her husband, and starting anew with her little car packed to the brim, she traveled up and down New Zealand and into her self. Her way to more freedom was a path of self-inquiry and detachment – from friends, family and social expectations.
We dive deep pretty fast, but if you don’t mind, you’re in for a conversation that’s true food for thought.
We talk about:
- Io’s decision to leave her husband & the impact this had on her personal journey to freedom (10:29)
- Why we have to see single decisions in a greater, global context (14:40)
- What freedom means to her (17:30)
- The importance of meditation (20:33)
- Detaching from others’ values and social expectations (21:48)
- The Matrix & our ingrained constant comparison to others (22:45)
- Vibration, relationship changes & “unapologetic uniqueness” (26:45)
- The health benefits of a freedom lifestyle (30:40) & why listening to your body is so important (42:20)
- Creativity, seizing opportunities & the limitations of a 9-to-5 environment (33:19)
- How to afford a freedom lifestyle (48:20)
- Connect with Io on Instagram
- Io’s inspirational person: Vienna Chiron (mentioned as Jenna Hitchcock). She’s a photographer, intuitive guide, medicine woman. Check her out on Instagram @be.isness & @the.unveil
- Io’s ultimate freedom song: Redemption song from Bob Marley
- Music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits:
cdk – Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
Thank you so much for listening! Having you here means the world to me. I hope you leave a little inspired, and I would be so grateful if you would hit that subscribe button over on itunes or your favourite podcast app.
Write a review!
I hope you liked this episode!
If you’re listening on iTunes or Apple Podcasts I got a favour to ask:
I’d be super thankful if you left a review!
This helps immensely to inspire new listeners & to stay in the game in the long run.
Summer over winter, West coast over East coast, moment over money. Oh, and coffee over tea, of course!
Hi, I’m Kat, and I’m the one behind this podcast. Come over here to read more about me.