Kat’s Podcast – Episode no. 4
“This really has benefited my health: that I can decide now when I wanna work and on what topics I wanna work. This freedom has really helped me get better.”
My guest on the show today is Eileen, a freelance consultant and travel lover from Germany.
Eileen has overcome mental health issues, that stemmed from her physical environment as well as her work environment in India, and built up a new life of freedom and balance.
Our conversation is straight-forward and packed with practical tips – whether you’re contemplating that move from your 9-to-5 towards self-employment or whether you’re looking for ways to better deal with the stressors in your permanent job or as a freelancer. Despite the straight-forwardness, however, we won’t skip the yoga – because, it seems, this ancient lifestyle does play a major role in creating balance and setting yourself up for a freedom lifestyle!
We talk about:
- Eileen’s time in India & the mental health issues she’s overcome (3:00)
- The crucial part breath work has played in creating health &balance (9:30)
- Tips for you on how to calm down & center yourself (14:40)
- Tips on how to make that shift from 9-to-5 to a freer job & life (16:15)
- How to keep your balance while traveling (18:25)
- The “happy” shifts coming with living a freedom lifestyle (22:15)
- Eileen’s rediscovered longing for nature (24:22)
- Finances: How to sustain yourself when living a freedom lifestyle (27:55)
- Working efficiently so you can go back to your freedom faster (30:10)
- The “illusion” a lot of companies are still operating in (34:10)
- Connect with Eileen on Instagram
- Eileen’s freedom song: Phosphorescent – “Song for Zula”
- Music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits:
- Kat’s Instagram if you wanna give feedback or follow along over there
Thank you so much for listening! Let us know: Which was your favourite tip and how did it work for you? Also: what would you like to hear more of? What topic shall I make a show on?
Write a review!
I hope you liked this episode!
If you’re listening on iTunes or Apple Podcasts I got a favour to ask:
I’d be super thankful if you left a review!
This helps immensely to inspire new listeners & to stay in the game in the long run.
Summer over winter, West coast over East coast, moment over money. Oh, and coffee over tea, of course!
Hi, I’m Kat, and I’m the one behind this podcast. Come over here to read more about me.