Kat’s Podcast – Episode no. 5
“I kept telling myself I didn’t know enough, I didn’t go to this fancy or that fancy school, and I don’t have a degree in this – it doesn’t matter. I do know enough. I have a passion around it and I have a reason to have a passion around it: I’ve experienced it and this is how it helped and shaped my life.”
My guest on the show today is Shana Robinson from the United States, a former corporate girl turned wellness guide. After more than 20 years, working for Google and Yahoo amongst others, she took that leap of faith and jumped into the unknown – pushed by an inkling that what’s to come is bringing her closer to her purpose and freedom in life.
This conversation is for you if you’re contemplating leaving your nine-to-five job or if you’re looking for ways to better navigate it and include more freedom in your life.
We talk about:
- her story in the corporate world and what led to leaving it
- how her job was wearing on her from a physical standpoint
- lacking opportunities and doing a job that’s not fulfilling
- the realisation that she didn’t nourish her greater purpose
- how she went from Google to culinary school
- taking back control of her life
- setting boundaries in work and life and unplugging from work at home
- working at home for yourself vs. for someone else
- chronic stress and its effects on your body
- quick tips for de-stressing
- how Shana left her 9-5 and jumped into the unknown
- finances: handwriting as side hustle & the 1,000 jobs of a freedom lifestyle
- shifting priorities in life
- quick tips for saving money to get faster to a freedom lifestyle
- Shana’s mentioning the LSAT: that’s the Law School Admission Test
- TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Body Clock
- the book we mention: The Why Are You Here Café – ENG / GERMAN
- Shana’s retreat in February 2020
- her website and Instagram
- Shana’s freedom song: ‘Freedom’ by Beyonce
- her inspirational person: Christian Cristiano
- Music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits:
cdk – Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
- Kat’s Instagram if you wanna give feedback or follow along
- related podcast episodes: ep. no. 4
Thank you so much for listening! And let us know: Did you like this show? What was most interesting for you? ANy comments and feedback welcome!
And if you’re using Apple/iTunes: Be sure to leave a 5-star-rating if you like this podcast!
I hope you liked this episode of my podcast!
Be sure to subscribe on your favourite podcast app and leave a 5-star rating if you’re listening on iTunes/Apple Podcasts. This helps me immensely to stay in the game & to bring more inspiration to you in the future.
Thanks so much!
Summer over winter, West coast over East coast, moment over money. Oh, and coffee over tea, of course!
Hi, I’m Kat, and I’m the one behind this podcast. Come over here to read more about me.