Kat’s Podcast – Episode no. 6
“When I knew he was coming the first thought was: I have to go back to Australia and that’s the travel adventure, over. I’m back to conventional life. – And then I suddenly thought: I don’t live a conventional life, I can do whatever I want. Let’s just see what happens.”
In this episode I chat with Sofie Red, a travel mum and minimalist living expert. What fascinates me most about her: All her belongings fit in one (can you believe it?!) suitcase and Sofie keeps traveling the world, even having a child now. She’s a great example showing that living your freedom, traveling the world and having children don’t have to be mutually exclusive concepts.
This episode is not only for parents or parents-to-be with a strong sense for an unconventional lifestyle, but also for those of you who look for some inspiration on being less attached to material stuff.
We talk about:
- strategic travel planning with a baby
- tips for traveling with a baby and why you need a lot less than you think you do
- the surprising baby stuff Sofie is carrying with her
- Sofie’s secret to downsizing and living minimalist and free
- thoughts on consumerism & the re-evaluation of what you possess
- minimalist luggage
- motivation for her freedom lifestyle
- what getting out of the 9-to-5 grind has gotta do with unlearning what we’ve been taught
- why she doesn’t want to put her son into school
- how to make the switch from 9-5 to a more freedom-filled life & the mindset of traditional education vs. new work
- trusting the life you wanna live
- community & the role it plays in raising her child
- being a full-time mum with part-time work hours: managing baby, online business and travel
- health & nutrition: what Sofie experienced and is now teaching: going beyond what you think is healthy & establishing new habits, in her case: quitting coffee!
- Sofie’s mentioning ‘IBS’: that’s Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- cloth nappies/diapers: a good blog on disposable nappies + the nappies/diaper covers Sofie is using and a read on Elimination communication technique (we’re not talking about this, but this is the technique Sofie’s using accompanying the nappies)
- feeding technique Baby Led Weaning
- the nutraceuticals/supplements she’s talking about
- her website
- more on Sofie’s story
- music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits: cdk – Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
- Kat’s Instagram if you wanna follow along
- related podcast episodes: ep. no. 5
Thank you so much for listening!
And let us know: Did you like this show? What was most interesting for you? Any comments and feedback welcome! Simply send an email to hello @kathrinhecht.com
Write a review!
I hope you liked this episode of my new podcast!
Be sure to subscribe and leave a 5-star review on your favourite podcast app! This helps me immensely to stay in the game & to bring more inspiration to you in the future.
Thanks so much!
Summer over winter, West coast over East coast, moment over money. Oh, and coffee over tea, of course!
Hi, I’m Kat, and I’m the one behind this podcast. Come over here to read more about me.