Kat’s Podcast – Episode no. 27
Here’s the first Freedom Lifestyle Edition of 2021 for you – opening up with my friend, life coach, advocate of natural wellbeing, and speaker of truth and freedom Dr. Laura Hughes.
Laura and I met a couple years ago and since then we’ve been in touch, sharing our passion for empowered living. I’ve been meaning to have her on my podcast for a while – and here she finally is!
This episode is a continuation of the previous episodes of my podcast discussing freedom and exploring it in these extreme times of outer restrictions and what – hopefully! – turns out to be true change.
We’re gonna explore the field of the mind: talking freedom & the power of thoughts – based on the truth that we all have the power to create a better life for ourselves when we choose consciously: be it our actions, our attitude or our thoughts.
This might be even more important these days, where to a lot of us the situation with Covid, the lockdown, and being deprived of our social encounters can feel depressing, de-motivating or even disempowering. It’s crucial that we become aware of our mind power and potential to create positive change, momentum and freedom, so we can ultimately create a new and more fulfilling reality.
We talk about:
- Laura’s own freedom story and why she put down her naturopathic medical license
- Her definition of freedom: “Freedom is knowing that in any given moment I can change my life.”
- What we think a free life looks like and why we might end up somewhere completely different
- The connection between our thoughts and our emotions
- Rewiring our brain
- The power of sitting with negative emotions
- Feeling enough & searching for the thing that will make us happy
- Thought work: Laura’s own experience + how we can shift and change our beliefs
- The reality of different realities + how we are restricted by the reality of others
- Insights into Laura’s coaching work + how she coached herself thorugh her divorce
- 3 tips to start shifting your thoughts towards a better mindset
- Life hack from a Lemurian princess: Borrow evidence from others to proof your beliefs true
- The news + how they fit into the bigger game of thoughts
- Get in touch with Laura: website | instagram
- Laura’s podcast + the episodes we talked about: ep. 7 | ep. 9
- Related Freedom Lifestyle Editions:
- My email – say Hi & give feedback
- My newsletter
- My Instagram if you wanna follow along
- music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits: cdk – Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
Thanks so much for listening!
Write a review!
I hope you liked this episode!
If you’re listening on iTunes or Apple Podcasts I got a favour to ask:
I’d be super thankful if you left a review!
This helps immensely to inspire new listeners & to send the message of freedom & empowerment out to more people.
Summer over winter, West coast over East coast, moment over money. Oh, and coffee over tea, of course!
Hi, I’m Kat, and I’m the one behind this podcast. Come over here to read more about me.