Kat’s Podcast – Episode no. 34
On today’s show, my guest is Marie Wanhoefer.
I came across Marie a little while ago through my Bali connections.
What made me stop and eventually reach out to her is the way she talked about freedom – I felt that she is someone who’s got a deep connection to freedom and who perceives it in a beautiful and inspiring way.
And then she told me her story of following her inner voice and leaving the corporate world: A story and a decision which are in a way a classic, and then again something so many of us desire and yet don’t dare to do. Fast forward not even two years: She’s living on Bali, working as a hypnotherapist and holistic life coach. A story of dreams for the Freedom Lifestyle edition!
We also chat about healing, how freedom and healing are connected, and her work of hypnotherapy.
Hypnotherapy is – in short – a healing modality: A form of inner work that helps you let go of anything that that keeps you from living a fulfilling, healthy and happy life. Topics addressed can be traumatic experiences, destructive inner beliefs, negative relationship patterns, burnout, anxiety, stress, or a lack of self-worth.
Enjoy this deep talk on freedom, healing & reconnection!
We talk about:
- Marie’s perception of freedom
- her journey of freedom & reconnection:
- from getting a masters degree from a very well-known university to working in banking & corporate consulting and realizing why it didn’t align
- her biggest obstacles leaving the corporate world
- her moment of liberation
- Why so many people struggle making that crucial step of following their truth, e.g. quitting that job that makes them miserable
- the reasons behind staying in an unfulfilling job or situation + the biggest obstacles on the way out
- the need to belong to a community as one of those reasons
- limiting inner beliefs
- how she made the transition from corporate world to being self-employed
- the power of pupose + lived experience
- reconnection to our true selves + tips for listeners on how to reconnect
- the biggest obstacles for reconnection: overarchieving, people-pleasing, perfectionism, lack of self-trust
- how corporate mentality and always being on can damage our health
- why therapy is not a taboo
- “Healing is the journey back to our true self.”
- 4 major misconceptions of healing + why you can’t heal in 3 months
- why self-help books & podcasts often don’t work
- the lack of connect to our emotions
- what hypnotherapy is (right at the end, watch out for it!)
- Get in touch with Marie: website | instagram
- Related podcast episodes:
- My email – say Hi & give feedback
- My newsletter
- My Instagram if you wanna follow along
- music (Intro/Outro): Thanks to Analog By Nature. Credits: cdk – Sunday by Analog By Nature (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
Thanks so much for listening!
Write a review!
I hope you liked this episode!
If you’re listening on iTunes or Apple Podcasts I got a favour to ask:
I’d be super thankful if you left a review!
This helps immensely to inspire new listeners & to send the message of freedom & empowerment out to more people.
Summer over winter, West coast over East coast, moment over money. Oh, and coffee over tea, of course!
Hi, I’m Kat, and I’m the one behind this podcast. Come over here to read more about me.